Family-Managed Home Care
Family-Managed Home Care program from the LHIN
Families can hire Guardian Home Care for the Family-Managed Home Care program. We can deliver personal support workers (PSWs) and registered practical nurses (RPNs) for home care, and the LHIN will givr you money to help pay your invoice.
What is Family-Managed Home Care?
Clients or substitute decision-makers are responsible for managing and coordinating their care providers and managing funding as well as reporting to the LHIN. Clients continue to be assessed/re-assessed by the LHIN Care Coordinators and the LHIN remains responsible for developing the client’s care plan/plan of service and monitoring outcomes.
Who is eligible for Family-Managed Home Care?
To be deemed eligible for Family-Managed Home Care by the LHIN Care Coordinator, clients must belong to one of the four groups identified by the ministry:
- Children with complex medical needs;
- Adults with acquired brain injuries (ABI);
- Eligible home-schooled children;
- Clients in extraordinary circumstances – as assessed by the LHIN care coordinator. Meaning seniors needing personal support and nursing help at home.
How do I apply for Family-Managed Home Care?
How many hours of service can be funded by the Family-Managed Home Care program?
How can Guardian Home Care help with the Family-Managed Home Care program?
Know that your family is safe with us.
With our senior care services:
Our caregivers are covered by WSIB so that they are protected
Guardian Home Care carries full liability insurance to protect everyone
Comprehensive senior care for your loved one.
Guardian senior care delivers:
Bathing, dressing and grooming, and meal preparation
Injections and diabetes management, medication administration, and end of life care
Friendly visiting to reduce loneliness and improve mood
“I know that mom improved because of the care and support from your caregivers. Thank you.”
Know what is happening with your parent.
Our in-home senior care services will:
Give you regular updates about your loved one
Keep you up to date
Let you know if any supplies or equipment are needed
“Thank you for the caregivers you sent to look after mom. They were gems and we could not have gotten through those last few days without their help.”
Get Help Fast
No hassle sign-up, we can do it electronically for your convenience
We can respond quickly to get the elder care you need
Personal care or nursing care can be put into place quickly when your family is experiencing crisis, we can help.
Our elder care home health can be delivered in a retirement home, in a nursing home, private duty in the hospital, or in your own home
“This has been a seamless experience from initial contact to full care”
Guardian Home Care has you Covered in More Ways Than One
Gain peace of mind and allow us to take care of the care
- With over 149,800 hours of elderly home care delivered and staffed, our experience and reliability stand tall
- Our case management and attention to detail is second to none, know you are in good hands
- We can coordinate medical equipment, purchase and installation
- We can coordinate with our physiotherapist and your pharmacy
If you are caring from afar, or have a demanding job:
- Our care is easy to begin and based on your needs
- Easy payment options
- Save time and focus on your family and other demands
Frequently Asked Questions
BENEFITS YOU WILL GAIN FROM CHOOSING OUR SENIOR CARE SERVICES
WHAT DO SENIOR CARE SERVICES PROVIDE?
- Bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming and incontinence care
- Meal preparation according to your needs
- Walks, exercise and/or physiotherapy
- Nursing care
- Light housekeeping, laundry, and changing of bed linens
- Medication reminders
- Escorting to medical appointments
- Companionship and social interaction