Looking for PSW and Nursing Home Care Jobs in Toronto, North York and Scarborough?
You’ve come to the right place! We are always looking for the best personal support workers and registered practical nurses to join our team.
Welcome to the Guardian Home Care job application page!
To apply directly to our agency, please click the button below and begin entering your details.
Guardian Home Care Hires the Best Personal Support Workers (PSWs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs)
We are always on the look-out for excellent staff who work well with our clients, the client families, and our company managers.
For a private company like Guardian Home Care, our clients are the reason we exist. If we didn’t have clients, we wouldn’t have work! When hiring a new PSW or RPN, we look for a person who will:
- Treat our clients with patience and respect,
- Pay attention to, and follow the care plan, while also suggesting to Guardian Home Care ways to improve the care,
- Be punctual, arrive to your shifts on time, and
- Understand that when you commit to a client and schedule, that you will do everything possible to keep your commitment.
I’m an RPN. What tasks will I do in my nursing job?
Most of our clients who receive nursing services require basic nursing tasks such as:
- Medication administration, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Monitoring of vital signs during home care; blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and oximeter statistics
- Providing personal medical care, including fingernail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Tracheostomy Care
- Post-Operative Care
Do you have skilled nursing training?
If you have special training in ventilation, foot care, wound care, or anything else, let us now! We’d be happy to know so that we can match you with the correct client, or keep you in mind for future clients that require specialist care.
What Guardian Home Care can offer you:
- A supportive work environment. Our managers will support you closely in your work.
- We will do everything possible for you to have a full orientation to your client, first shift introductions accompanied by a manager, and continued communication and check-ins to ensure everything is OK with your work environement.
- Full PPE is provided.
- Rapid COVID-19 test kits for home use.
- Extended Health Benefits after 3 months of employment with us.